Vanilla Cream Cookies with Candy Cane Crackle
Christmas is coming and its time to fortify our freezers with keto friendly treats. Not only is it possible to get through the Holiday Season without falling out of Ketosis, but follow my lead and you’ll have the non Ketonians begging YOU for a bite of YOUR Christmas treat. Remember to tell em all that these keto ‘diet foods are goat-meal, and they wouldn’t like it one little bit. Well have to suffer through them all by ourselves.
Vanilla Cream cookies with candy cane crisp is one such delight. The cookies are simply divine by themselves, but sprinkle on the peppermint crackle and you’re gonna finds yourself right down Santa Claus Lane!!
- Prep Time1 hr 5 min
- Cook Time10 min
- Total Time1 hr 15 min
For the Crackle
- 1/2 cup Erythritol or monk fruit
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp food grade peppermint essential oil
For the Cookie
- ½ Cup Butter, room temperature
- 4 oz Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 Cups Confectioner’s Swerve
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Cream of tartar
- 1 Egg room temperature
- ½ tsp pure Vanilla extract
- 2 Cups fine almond flour
For the Crackle
- Combine Erythritol, water and peppermint oil in a small sauce pan.
- Heat over a low temperature
- Slowly increase temperature while continuously stirring
- Remove from heat when the Erythritol has completely dissolved.
- Allow to slightly cool and speed mixture on a parchment lined cookie sheet
- Chill in the refrigerator
For the Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cream butter and cream cheese in stand mixer or hand mixer.
- Slowly add sugar and beat until fully combined.
- Beat in remaining ingredients.
- 3 form dough into a ball and Chill for one hour.
- Remove from the refrigerator and Shape into 1 inch balls and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure to space them at least one inch apart. Uses spoon to slightly flatten the cookies and return to the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges become slightly golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool for 3-5 minutes minute on the cookie sheet
- While they’re cooling, remove the peppermint candy topping from the refrigerator and break the chilled candy into small pieces. We break ours into larger pieces, place them in a sandwich baggie and smash it with a rolling pin. The pieces should be small enough to sprinkle on top the cookies as garnish.
- Transfer to wire racks and sprinkle the peppermint candy over the top. Gently pressing the candy into the cookies.
- Let fully cool and store in the refrigerator in a sealed container.
- Calories from Fat0
- Food ComponentAmount/Serving% Daily Value*