Savoury Cheesy Biscuit
This recipe has so many possibilities! You can change up the ingredients to make it sweet or savoury, just add a little sweetener (We recommend Stevia or Erythritol) and delete the onion and cheese and you’ve got yourself a base that you can add anything to; Sugar free chocolate ships, a few berries or just have it on its own, covered with (sweetened) 35% whipping cream and a cup of tea.
As a savory biscuit, it can be dipped into stews, soups, casseroles or covered with (keto friendly) gravy. If you’re having Italian, you can add Italian spices and a little Parmesan, for Indian add some Garam Masala and curry and for Mexican add Chili powder and cumin. Make this recipe your own and give it all the flavours that you like.
- Prep Time5 min
- Cook Time25 min
- Total Time30 min
- Yield8 triangles or biscuits
- Energy186 cal
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 coconut flour
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. butter, oil or bacon grease
- 1/4 cup sour cream, or Greek yogurt, not light or fat free
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the sour cream, softened butter, eggs and green onions.
- Fold dry ingredients into the wet until mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Carefully fold in the cheese, being careful not to mix too much.
- Mould mixture into a flat disc (or individual biscuits) on parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes or until the edge starts to brown.
- Cut the biscuit into triangle slices and serve.
Biscuits with Game Day Chili. Find the recipe here
– We increased the oven temp to 375 for the last 5 minutes of the baking to brown up the biscuit.
- Calories from Fat126
- Food ComponentAmount/Serving% Daily Value*
- Total Fat14.75 g18.91%
- Trans Fat0 g
- Total Carbohydrate6.75 g2.45%
- Dietary Fiber3.25 g11.61%
- Total Sugars1.25 g
- Protein7.75 g15.5%