Orange Cream Cake
Orange cream Cake is a bright citrusy orange flavoured Cake with hint of spice and a delightful cream cheese icing. One bite brings me right back to that delicious frozen treat that we all enjoyed as a child.
This recipe was designed after a special request from a members hubby who told us that he would go full on Keto if I could make an acceptable orange creamsicle cake. Us crowd at the East Coast Keto Test Kitchen believe we not only met, but surpassed our end of the bargain. Now I believe it’s his turn. 😉
All kidding aside, don’t try Keto unless it’s something that YOU want. For us, it was an easy decision...just like it’s going to be an easy decision to make this cake, over and over again. It’s definitely my new favourite.
While this gorgeous cake has all the taste of that frozen cream-sicle, it has nowhere near the carbs. We don’t recommend you eat the whole cake, but any ketonian should have no trouble working a slice of this Keto friendly dessert into their macros
- Prep Time10 min
- Yield12 slices
- Serving Size1 slice
For the cake
- 2/3 cupButter
- 3/4 cup Monkfruit/Erythritol blend or equivalent
- 3 Eggs
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp Cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup 35% whipping cream
- 4 drops food grade orange essential oil
- 2 tsp Orange zest
- 5 drops of liquid stevia, to taste
For the frosting
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup 35% whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners swerve, or equivalent
- 3 drops of orange food grade essential oil
- 2 squirts PC tangerine water enhancer or equivalent ( optional)
For the Cake
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream together butter and Granulated sweetener.
3. Mix dry ingredients together in a separate bowl. (almond flour, nutmeg, baking soda, cream of tartar, xanthan gum).
4. Blend in one egg at a time alternating with dry ingredients.
5. Add vanilla, olive oil, whipping cream, orange zest and essential oil, liquid stevia and mix well with a hand or stand mixer.
6. Pour into greased 9 inch or bunts pan and bake for 40-45 minutes depending on how hot your oven runs. Cake should just be starting to turn a tiny bit golden around the edges.
7. Don’t move the cake from the oven right away as the change in temperature may cause your cake to fall flat. Instead, turn off the oven, open the oven door to about one quarter open and allow the cake to gradually reduce temp. I usually remove the cake after about 2 minutes with the door ajar.
8. Wait five minutes before turning the cake out into a plate.
9. Allow the cake to completely cool. Frost the cake with cream cheese frosting and garnish with a sprinkle of orange zest.
For the Frosting
Thoroughly mix all ingredients with a hand or stand mixer. Finish the cake with a light sprinkling of orange zest.
Nutrition Facts for cake only
- Serving Size1 slice
- Calories from Fat243
- Food ComponentAmount/Serving% Daily Value*
- Total Fat27 g34.62%
- Total Carbohydrate5 g1.82%
- Dietary Fiber2 g7.14%
- Protein6 g12%