Mexican Avocado Egg Bake
Avocado baked egg is one of our most delectable and decadent breakfasts. There is no taste quite like creamy avocado with a perfectly cooked egg. Usually, we prepare
it as a casserole, but when we have guests for brunch, we usually jazz it up a little and cook it right in the avocado skins. Its hard to top Mother nature’s own presentation. In this case, Scoop out some of each avocado half to make room for the egg, then place each avocado in a ramekin and cook them individually. We like the yolks nice and runny, so we separate the yolk from
the whites. We precook the whites, then add the yolks at the last minute to warm them into a yummy goodness.
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time20 min
- Total Time30 min
- 2 avocado
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 4 eggs
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- crumbled bacon
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the avocado, by running the spoon just under the avocado skin.
- Slice avocado into 1/4 thick slices. and place them in a small casserole dish in a single layer.
- Sprinkle cumin and chili powder over the top of the avocado and spray with olive oil.
6. Crack one egg at a time and separate the egg whites from the yolks, putting the yolks aside.
7. Pour the egg whites over the sliced avocado and top with crumbled bacon
8. Add Himalayan salt and pepper to taste.
9. Bake for 12 minutes.
10. Remove from the oven and add egg yolks, strategically placed over the top of the avocado/egg white mix.
11. Top with shredded cheese.
12. Return to the over and bake for 7 minutes.
- Calories from Fat0
- Food ComponentAmount/Serving% Daily Value*