Some mornings you just want to throw it all in a pan, twitch your nose (Bewitched) and presto, your meal is made. Unless you have a personal chef, or a spouse that’s kind enough to do it for you, this is as close as you can get.
This recipe is very versatile. A great frittata is an egg dish that you can have for breakfast, lunch or supper. You can change it up and add any combination of meats and veggies and create your own flavour profile. This just happens to be the favourite way our family prefers to throw it together in our East Coast Keto Kitchen.
We’re always open to recipe suggestions. If you have your own version of ingredients, we’d love to hear about them in the comments section
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time1 min
- Total Time11 min
For the frittata
- 2 Tbsp butter or bacon fat
- 1/2 cup peppers, sliced into strips
- 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes, halved and dried/drained in a paper towel
- 6 strips precooked bacon, chopped
- 8 eggs, scrambled
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 tsp thyme
- 1/8 tsp of cumin
- 1/3 cup cheese, grated. We used Gruyere
- 1 stalk green onion, chopped. Split them into green and white portion.
- 1/4 cup cheese grated (to top.) We used old cheddar
Melt butter/fat to an oven safe sauté pan.
Add peppers and saute for one minute
Add tomatoes and bacon and turn off heat
Meanwhile, Combine, eggs, salt, pepper, spices, cheese and white portion of green onion in a bowl.
Add egg mixture to saute pan.
Transfer to a 350 degree oven and bake for 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and add green onion tops and grated cheddar.
Bake for another five minutes or until cooked.
Do not overcook, Frittata should be slightly jiggly in the centre when properly cooked.
Alternate spice choices can be substituted.
Nutrition & Macro Information
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*