Best Ever Breaded Chicken is the keto friendly copycat of the delicious deep fried chicken that you’ve been craving for family dinner. This recipe can be done with Chicken thighs, chicken breast, chicken tenders or any other chicken piece you have on hand.
Treat your whole family to a delicious meal of Best Ever Breaded Chicken for tonight’s dinner.
Best Ever Breaded Chicken
You’ve been craving that chicken sandwich, haven’t you? That one with the battered chicken, slathered in mayonnaise and a little bit of crunchy lettuce. I know, me too! It’s the one thing that I really crave and has the ability to give me a serious bout of that cheat mentality.
There was a time that I ate so many of those brand name sandwiches that I can honestly say they are probably a big part of my I’m a Low carber/Ketonian today. Wouldn’t it be great if you could have you cake (WOE) and eat it (the chicken) too? If you could eat that yummy Chicken burger and still be on plan?
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the Best EVER Chicken Burger. Our version does not have a bun of course, but you can have it in a lettuce wrap, on keto bread or do as we do and just serve it on the plate and top with keto mayonnaise and shredded lettuce.
The best part is, not only is this is all diet food, its good enough to feed to your non-keto friends and family. With only 12g of Crabs. And 6 g of fiber, you’re good to go. (Net carbs 6). Happy Eating.
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time10 min
- Total Time25 min
- Yield4 burgers
- Energy326 cal
For the base
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- lard for frying
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp. water
For the chicken dredge
- 1/2 cup ground pork rinds
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
Preparing the burger
- Flatten the chicken breasts out to an even thickness. We wrap them in plastic to avoid chicken splattering our kitchen.
- Lightly season the chicken with salt and Pepper
- Whisk together the eggs and water to made an egg wash.
- Let the flattened chicken sit in the egg wash while you’re mixing the ingredients for the batter.
- Combine the ingredients for the batter.
- Take the chicken from the egg wash and then press into the batter mix.
- Shake off extra batter and drop the chicken into a 350-degree deep fryer for about 6 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal chicken of 165 Fahrenheit. (Or fry in a shallow pan with melted oil just to the shoulder of the chicken, using a meat thermometer to regulate temperature.) ** Don’t leave hot oil unattended while frying.
Drain on a wire rack.
1. Choose boneless, skinless thighs for a juicier burger.
2. If you're serving with fries, cook them (We use jicama fries) ahead of the chicken and set aside. Then put them in for a second dip in the oil while the chicken is resting. The double fry makes them extra crispy.
3. Mix up a double or triple batch of the batter and separate them into single batches. Store the extras in the freezer (before you begin coating your chicken) for even quicker burgers next time.
4. You can boil or bake your jicama fries and toss them in the dry batter, and deep fry for a crispy coated wedge.
- Calories from Fat144
- Food ComponentAmount/Serving% Daily Value*
- Total Fat16 g20.51%
- Total Carbohydrate2 g0.73%
- Dietary Fiber1 g3.57%
- Total Sugars2 g
- Protein41 g82%
Want tasty sides for this Best Ever Breaded Chicken?
Try our Creamy Keto Coleslaw on the side, you can find the recipe here.