Halloumi Cheese Fries with Pomegranate Rubies
We discovered Halloumi fries in our exploration of the incredible city of London. Tucked away in the West end of Camden Town is the Kerb Market, which combines all of the ultimate foodies ‘gotta eat that’ destinations all in one place. Its one of those places that you want to experience with a handful of your best friends, so you can all select a different dish and share a little taste of each others food. Either that or you want book a nearby hotel, bring your stretchiest pair of pants and plan to stay awhile. There are just so many fantastic food options there to try.
One of our favourite dishes to be found there are the Halloumi fries, not only are they frikkin gorgeous to look at, but the taste is out of this world. The pomegranate seeds (arils) combined with the sour cream sauce and herbs, elevate this dish to a incredible heights that you will love.
Our version of the Kerb Market Halloumi fries have a few tweaks that make them our own. You can have them dressed to the nines, like we’ve shown in this recipe, or plain with just salt and pepper. It’s a dish that you’ll want to do over and over again, either way.
- Prep Time5 min
- Cook Time5 min
- Total Time10 min
- Yieldserves 4
- Energy262 cal
For the fries
- Lard, for deep frying
- 8 oz Halloumi, cut in ½ inch strips
- 1 tsp cumin, toasted
- 1 tsp crushed chili flakes
- pomegranate rubies
- 1 tsp tarragon
For the sauce
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
For the Fries
- Deep-fry for about 2 minutes, turning often or until outsides of the fries are golden brown
- Transfer to a large bowl and add cumin, and chilli. Shake the bowl to distribute the spices.
- Use a squeeze bottle to drizzle over the sour cream sauce
- Cut pomegranate in half and use a wooden spoon to tap out the seeds.
- Add pomegranate rubies and sprinkle tarragon on top.
- Calories from Fat180
- Food ComponentAmount/Serving% Daily Value*
- Total Fat20 g25.64%
- Total Carbohydrate5 g1.82%
- Dietary Fiber1 g3.57%
- Total Sugars3 g
- Protein14.25 g28.5%