Light and fluffy pancakes is the keto pancake recipe that you’ve been looking for! Betcha they taste just like the ones your mom made from scratch, if not better.
We weren’t an aunt Jemima family, our mother made us pancakes the old-fashioned way, with eggs and real ingredients. Looking back on it now, we were so lucky, but being a typical kid, who always wants what they can’t have, I didn’t appreciate it!
Light and Fluffy Keto Pancakes – Betcha they taste just like moms
I remember my first taste of boxed pancake mix. I was soo looking forward to it, all my friends had it all the time, and well all my home ever had was the homemade kind. I loaded my store bought (boxed)pancakes up with syrup and took a big bite. UGH, what a disappointment!! It was grainy and tasteless, nothing like the yummy griddle cakes that my Momma made for us at home. I only wish I had taken this lesson more to heart in all aspects of eating, maybe it would have kept me away from processed foods altogether.
The secret to getting these right, is to toggle the heat on the stove. You want the heat a little higher just as the batter hits the pan, so the edge of the crust forms properly and the batter doesn’t spread all over the pan, then you turn the heat back to low and give the insides of the pancake a chance to cook without burning the bottom.
- Prep Time5 min
- Cook Time4 min
- Total Time9 min
- Energy157 cal
- Coconut oil for frying
- 3 eggs
- 3 Tbsp Crème Fraiche, heaping
- 1 Tbsp Psyllium Husk
- 1 Tbsp Coconut flour
- 1/8 tsp crème of tartar
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until ingredients form a thick batter
- Heat Coconut oil under medium to low heat.
- Spoon 2 Tbsp batter into a saute or frying pan for each pancake.
- We turn the heat back at this point to low to allow the center of the pancake to slowly cook.
- Turn the pancake after about two minutes, or when the bottom is a golden brown.
- Cook for about a minute on the other side and serve hot with our Buttery and Pancake syrup
-Recipe can be made in a waffle maker as well!
-Can also be converted into crepes, just keep the heat down and let the batter spread over the entire pan.
- Calories from Fat153
- Food ComponentAmount/Serving% Daily Value*
- Total Fat17.5 g22.44%
Share this recipe
Looking for the perfect sauce for our Light and Fluffy Keto Pancakes?
Try our Buttery and Rich Pancake Syrup, find the recipe here.