This Low carb, and luxurious Lasagna was a while in the making. Our original recipe had traditional pasta, which at the time we thoroughly enjoyed. Then, gradually we switched those carby, pasta noodles to sheets of thinly sliced tofu in our first attempt to get healthy. The recipe made the final switch when we started our Keto way of eating. The idea for our keto pasta, came from our own version of pizza dough. What if we made the same recipe, but enclosed it between two sheets of parchment paper and then rolled it our with a rolling pin? Wouldn’t that same thick pizza base become a thin layer of lasagna noodles?
Now our keto kitchen is complete with the cozy comfort of a hot and cheesy plate of lasagna. Serve it up with a Caesar salad and you’ve got a super tasty meal that fills up your belly in a warm and delicious way, and after you’re finished, you don’t have to feel the least bit guilty.
- Prep Time30 min
- Cook Time20 min
- Total Time50 min
- Yield4 pieces
- Energy459 cal
For the pasta
- 1 egg
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
For the sauce
- 1 lb regular ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1 1/2 cups San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp Thyme
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp lakanto brown sugar replacement
- 1 tsp erythritol
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 tbsp. ricotta cheese (full fat)
- 1/3 cup of Buffalo mozzarella
Preparing the Pasta
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Prepare two large sheets of parchment paper (the size of your biggest baking sheet)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together cheese, cream cheese and eggs.
- Spread the mixture onto the first sheet of parchment paper, forming a nice even layer.
- Top with second parchment, forming a sandwich with the dough in the middle.
- Slowly roll out the dough between the two sheets.
7. Place your dough sandwich on the baking sheet and bake on the middle rack for 10 minutes.
8. Flip your dough sandwich and bake for 10 more minutes.
9. Cool your pasta for 10 minutes and then cut into sections. Set aside.
For the Meat Sauce
- Combine ground beef, and minced onion in a large frying pan until onions are translucent.
- Add tomatoes to the meat and cook for 2 minutes on simmer. We blend our tomatoes so the sauce is smooth.
- Push meat mixture to the side and place your spices directly into the grease in the bottom of the pan for a minute to allow the flavours to bloom. Combine together and cook over medium-high heat until meat starts to brown.
- Push meat mixture to the side again and add garlic directly to the pan. Mix together after the garlic has cooked tor 2 minutes.
- Add lakanto and erythritol to the sauce and allow to simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Pour 1/3 cup marinara sauce into bottom of loaf pan. Top with the first noodle layer.
- Top with ricotta cheese and then a third of the ground beef mixture and then a pasta layer.
- Add the remaining ground beef.
- Cover with another noodle layer and mozzarella cheese.
- Cut the buffalo mozzarella into chunks and place on the top of the Lasagna.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool for 20 minutes before serving.
1. Don’t buy the preshredded cheese, it has starches to keep it from sticking to itself, while its in the bag.
2. If you don’t have a rolling pin, you can use a glass or a can to flatten the dough
3. Pasta can be made the night before and refrigerated.
- Calories from Fat270
- Food ComponentAmount/Serving% Daily Value*
- Total Fat30.25 g38.78%
- Cholesterol154 mg51.33%
- Sodium450 mg19.57%
- Total Carbohydrate11.25 g4.09%
- Dietary Fiber1.25 g4.46%
- Total Sugars5.75 g
- Protein30 g60%