Easy Eggs Benedict is an easy brunch idea for your kitchen. Some say that Eggs Benny is the perfect hangover cure, but we think it’s an delicious breakfast everyday.
Easy Eggs Benedict – Keto Eggs Benny
One of the secrets to the perfect and Easy Eggs Benny is the Hollandaise sauce. Hollandaise is known as one of the 'mother sauces' in classic French cuisine and although many home cooks are intimidated by this sauce, its really qiute simple. While we prefer to use an immersion blender, a conventional blender can also be used, as can just a plain whisk in a bowl.
The timing of this dish does require some careful orchestration and may take a little practice to get it perfect. We find tag teaming between the two of us makes for an easy Eggs Benny.
- Prep Time5 min
- Cook Time5 min
- Total Time10 min
- Energy580 cal
For the base
- 1 Tbsp vinegar, white or cider
- pot of water
- 4 large eggs
- 4 thick slices cooked ham
- and /or 8 slices cooked bacon
For the Hollandaise
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2/3 cup of melted/hot butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- dash of cayanne or tobasco
For the Garnish
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chopped chives (optional)
Preparing the Hollandaise
- Add the egg yolks, salt, cayenne, and lemon juice to your blender and blend at a medium speed for 20-30 seconds
- Slowly add the hot butter to the egg yolks as you continue to blend at a low speed.
- Set aside in a warm place while waiting to finish the dish
For the Base
- Add the vinegar to a pot of water and bring it to a rolling boil. Have your first egg ready to drop in.
- Using a slotted spoon, stir the water to create a circular motion in the pot and then drop the egg into the hot water.
- Repeat steps one and two until you have enough eggs for however many you’re preparing.
- Cooking time r depends on how you like your eggs. For a runny yolk (our favourite), they’re ready in about 2 minutes.
- Increase cooking time by increments of 30 seconds for firmer yolks eggs.
- Meanwhile, place your ham base on a plate.
- Use a slotted spoon to lift each egg from the water.
- Place the egg on top of the ham/bacon.
Finishing the Dish
Pour the hollandaise over the top of the egg and sprinkle paprika on top. Optionally also top with some fresh chives.
To Elevate this dish
To take this Easy Eggs Benedict recipe up a notch, use our Keto Fish cakes for the base instead of ham or bacon You can find our Fish Cake recipe here
-We find it takes two to get the perfect timing of this Easy Eggs Benedict recipe. One to make the sauce and one to poach the eggs.
-Butter must be added slowly (tempered) or the eggs will scramble.
-For the poached eggs, a tried and true tip is to crack your egg in a bowl instead of directly in the boiling water and to use a spoon to stir the water so that it is moving in a circular motion when you drop in the egg from the bowl.
- If you prefer, any Keto-friendly bun can be used as an addition to the base as you build up your dish.
- Calories from Fat504
- Food ComponentAmount/Serving% Daily Value*
- Total Fat56.5 g72.44%
- Total Carbohydrate1 g0.36%
- Total Sugars0 g
- Protein17 g34%