Buttery and Rich Pancake syrup recipe will save your sanity on a Saturday Morning Breakfast! Pancakes are just not the same without the syrup. Butter is lovely on pancakes or waffles, and there are some jam type syrups out there that are tasty as well, but there is nothing that replaces the sticky yummy syrup that we all grew up with.
This Buttery and Rich Pancake syrup is built around brown butter. Any recipe that calls for regular butter will be only made better by the extra step of browning your butter ahead of time. Its a basic kitchen technique that will take any dish you create up a notch! Some people separate the brown nutty liquid butter from the residue at the bottom of the pan, but we think it adds to the flavour and the magic of the dish. Those little brown particles literally dance in the liquid, suspended in sweet yumminess.
Buttery Rich Pancake Syrup-A sauce that your whole family will love
You'll also need a good food grade essential oil for this recipe, unless you want to go old school and just go with the brown butter and swerve. We use the Loranns super concentrated brands that we purchase at Bulk barn. You only need the tiniest little drop to give you strong and full flavour. Take care choosing the correct essential oil, there are some bad ones out there. Ideally you would choose a maple oil, but the rum and butter and amaretto flavours will do nicely as well.
Remember, we don't expect our food to taste 'the same' as before keto, it was all the 'same' tastes that got us into trouble and got us where we are today.m.
- Prep Time2 min
- Cook Time5 min
- Total Time7 min
- Energy256 cal
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup water
- A drop of food grade essential oil. (we used Lorann's)
- 1/4 cup confectioners swerve
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
Preparing the sauce
1. Add butter to a frying pan. Under a low-medium heat, melt the butter. Watch the butter carefully to make sure it doesn’t burn and stir or swirl it to make sure its cooking evenly.
2. Keep cooking the butter at a medium temperature and it will transform from a golden yellow, into a rich caramel colour.
3. Boil the next 3 ingredients for about five minutes. You will see it start to reduce and thicken.
4. Whisk the butter into the water and swerve mix.
5. Stir in the vanilla after you take it off the heat.
- Servings Per Container2
- Calories from Fat153
- Food ComponentAmount/Serving% Daily Value*
- Total Fat17.5 g22.44%
Share this recipe
Are you looking for a great pancake recipe to go with this Buttery and Rich Pancake Syrup?
Try our Light and Fluffy Keto Pancakes recipe. You can find it here